ScubaToys Diving Forum

ScubaToys Diving Forum (http://scubatoys.net/index.php)
-   Accessories (http://scubatoys.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Sweeeeet new Oxycheq/Solus light (http://scubatoys.net/showthread.php?t=4262)

przeor 09-26-2007 08:20 PM

Sweeeeet new Oxycheq/Solus light

Just got my new light in the mail, thanks scubatoys!

http://scubatoys.com/store/detail.as...LedbackupLight

It's the one above, the new Oxycheq/Solus back-up light. Anyways, I'll get it wet this weekend, but holy @#$ is it bright inside the house! And the magnetic switch is pretty sweet as well.. Perfect size, easy to manipulate the switch with gloves and did I mention it's bright? Highly reccomend it off my little demo inside, hope to break it in full force in a week and half in the Bahamas...

Theepdinker 09-26-2007 09:17 PM

It's advertised at 200 lumens. That's very bright for a single LED.
It's not 10 watt HID bright, as it is also promoted by the manufacturer.
They are typically 500 lumens.
Let us know how it performs underwater.

Theep

NightLife 09-26-2007 09:22 PM

Nice light. If I had $200 to burn I'd like to have one :smiley20:

mm_dm 09-27-2007 08:24 AM

I wonder how many hours Patrick @ Oxycheq spent throwing it against the wall or pounding nails with it before he put it on the market.

BSea 09-27-2007 08:36 AM

I feel a LED vrs HID Pepsi Challenge is coming our way. For those not familiar with this, check this out.

WARNING: This forum has people that don't play nice.

I am considering this light, but for that money, I really want to see it underwater 1st.

JahJahwarrior 09-27-2007 11:29 AM

Most expensive hammer I've ever seen, but hey, it doubles as a backup light, so that's pretty cool.....:)

People think SB is bad, TDS is so much worse, in terms of ridiculing people :) [Sarcasm]That's why I love TDS. I cannot wait until ST has that problem, which it will, eventually. It forces everyone to become smarter to avoid being called stupid :) [/sarcasm]

Foo2 09-27-2007 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahwarrior (Post 62476)
People think SB is bad, TDS is so much worse, in terms of ridiculing people :) That's why I love TDS. I cannot wait until ST has that problem, which it will, eventually. It forces everyone to become smarter to avoid being called stupid :)

That's sad to me JahJah. I can't for the life of me understand why you would want people to be rude. I would hope that you will continue to try to keep ST a nice place. There is nothing wrong with becoming more educated, but you can't give people a hard time for being new to the sport and not knowing things.

BSea 09-27-2007 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahwarrior (Post 62476)
People think SB is bad, TDS is so much worse, in terms of ridiculing people :) That's why I love TDS. I cannot wait until ST has that problem, which it will, eventually. It forces everyone to become smarter to avoid being called stupid :)

If this forum ever gets like like TDS, Larry will roll over in his grave, because I'm sure he won't let this forum ever get to the point that TDS is as long as he's around.

I was once told that there is no such thing as a stupid question if you don't know the answer. When people are intimidated to the point they don't ask, then nobody learns anything new. No matter what your skill level, you can learn something new, even from a novice. As long as you encourage them, and not ridicule them to the point they don't share their thoughts.

Now TDS isn't a bad forum. There is probably more information over there regarding tech diving than any other forum I know. I do read there, I just don't post there. As far as I'm concerned, this forum is what all forums should be like.

Vercingetorix 09-27-2007 01:11 PM

BSea, AMEN!!!!!

One little problem...Larry isn't dead yet. So, he can't over in his grave. Maybe he'll spin in his office chair.

BSea 09-27-2007 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSea (Post 62538)
If this forum ever gets like like TDS, Larry will roll over in his grave, because I'm sure he won't let this forum ever get to the point that TDS is as long as he's around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vercingetorix (Post 62541)
BSea, AMEN!!!!!

One little problem...Larry isn't dead yet. So, he can't over in his grave. Maybe he'll spin in his office chair.

I meant that he would have to be dead for this forum to be like TDL's. He obviously is still here since this forum is nothing like TDL's, and I doubt it will ever get that way. Sorry for the confusion.